Dedicated, focused executive assistant committed to delivering quality results in performing professional administrative duties
- University of Notre Dame B.A. graduate
- Five years’ executive secretary experience
- Four years’ project coordination experience
- Fifteen years’ office administration experience
- Eleven years’ experience in administrative support to large technical office
- Advanced office skills
- Self-directed work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- High productivity under pressure
- Strongly honed independent judgment
- Planning corporate meetings, travel, events
- Considerable experience conducting meetings
- Managing Outlook calendars for management
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Expense report management for staff, managers, and directors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Comprehensive experience coordinating meetings to accommodate multiple schedules
- Promoted to Executive Secretary.
- For five years, served as department’s sole secretary for 40+ staff members at two locations an hour apart.
- In a team of three, planned and executed office remodel for 40+ staff members.
- Over 11 years, successfully planned and executed all functions for department of 55+ employees at four properties covering 100,000 square miles. These included corporate meetings, department lunches, and special events.
Executive Secretary Experience – 1991-2002 – Harrah’s Entertainment, I.T. Department, Reno
Worked for this acknowledged leader in casino-hotels in the I.T. department that pioneered guest reward card tracking systems. For first five years, worked as the only administrative assistant for a staff of 40+ employees, then worked with two additional administrative assistants for a staff of 55+ employees in the Reno office.
- Planned travel arrangements for executives and staff.
- Managed all ordering and maintenance of office supplies.
- Managed expense reports for staff, managers, and directors.
- Created monthly status reports and occasional presentations.
- Planned logistics for meetings and prepared conference rooms.
- Managed maintenance of equipment, including copier and fax machine.
- Managed routing and tracking of all invoices to Accounts Payable department.
- Maintained a continuously current organizational chart for a growing department.
- Organized and maintained department and director’s files, developed spreadsheets, faxed reports.
- Instructed workshops in Microsoft Outlook for entire Harrah’s Reno staff when Outlook was a new product.
- Wrote regular reports on department activities and company contributions for national and regional company newsletters.
Additional Professional Experience – 1986-Present
- Charter College – Student Advisor – Reno
- Washoe County School District – Tutor – Reno
- News Talk 780 KOH – News Reporter & Board Operator – Reno
- Bernie 2016 – Field Organizer, Outreach Coordinator – Northern Nevada
- Northwest Public Radio – Bureau Correspondent for Northwest News Network – Richland, Washington
- KUNR – All Things Considered Host & News Producer/Reporter for this NPR charter member station – Reno
- Archdiocese of Washington (D.C.) – Holy Spirit High School English & Speech Teacher, College & Career Counselor for this inner-city high school
- Truckee Meadows Community College – Resume Workshop Instructor – Reno
- Job Opportunities in Nevada (JOIN) – Trainer of Workshops in Job Search Skills – Reno
- The Media Center/Sierra Nevada Community Access Television (SNCAT) – High Sierra Community Radio Manager – Reno
- National Public Radio – Nevada Correspondent
- Reno News & Review – News & Arts Reporter (18 years)
- Wildflower Art Village – Public Relations Specialist – Reno
- Lewis & Clark College – Script Writer – Lewis & Clark Radio Documentary – Portland, Oregon
- Capital Communications – Owner, professional business consultant, tutor in English language arts and literature, ESL, and German language – D.C. metropolitan area
- St. Mark’s Fellowship – Volunteer – Reno
- SNCAT – Board of Directors Member – Reno
- Energy Northwest – Media Advisor – Richland, Washington
- ProNet – Career Skills Workshops Facilitator – Sparks, Nevada
- Washoe County NV 4 Bernie Sanders – Volunteer Coordinator – Reno
- KUNR – University of Nevada, Reno, Journalism Graduate School News Intern
- Northern Nevada Centering Prayer – Circle of Service Volunteer, Website Developer
- Washoe County Democratic Party Leadership Academy – Workshop Instructor – Reno
- ProNet – Education Chair, Programs Director, Media Director, Workshop Instructor – Sparks, Nevada
- Created and administer ten websites, blogs, and Facebook pages.
- Planned and managed a 2013 DIY wedding for 75 guests with a budget of $18,000.
- Managed a startup community radio station. Within 16 months, increased volunteerism and production of radio shows by 300%.
- Researched, wrote, and reported hundreds of news stories for publication and broadcast, including dozens of national stories and several cover stories.
University of Notre Dame
Bachelor of Arts: English & German
- Earned a 3.2 GPA.
- Admitted in the eighth class of women at a time when female admission to Notre Dame was extremely competitive and limited.
University of Nevada, Reno
Journalism & Political Science
- Worked toward Master of Arts, Reynolds School of Journalism, while employed full-time.
- Earned first journalism internship at KUNR.
German Language & Culture
- Completed Sophomore year study-abroad program through the University of Notre Dame.
- Studied majority of classes entirely in German.
- Earned Dean’s List both semesters.
Continuing Education – 1991-Present
- Public Radio News Directors conference – Chicago
- The People’s Summit (political conference) – Chicago
- Northern Nevada Centering Prayer Introductory Workshops
- Northern Nevada Centering Prayer Group Facilitator Training
- Sister Giant (political/spiritual conference) – Arlington, Virginia
- Two-week cross-training – NPR member station KPLU – Seattle
- Computer classes in graphics and Web design – New Horizons – Reno
- Five Truckee Meadows Community College Writers’ Conferences – Reno
- Washoe County Registrar of Voters Voter Registration Drive Training – Reno
- Public Radio Reporting weeklong seminar – Poynter Institute – St. Petersburg, Florida
- Dozens of classes in business administration, personnel interactions, and MS Office Suite programs – from professional training organizations including Franklin Covey, American Management Association, Fred Pryor, Truckee Meadows Community College – Reno