The University of Notre Dame graduated Carol Čizauskas with a B.A. in English & German. Her studies included a year study-abroad program in Innsbruck, Austria, with classes in German. That year she attained Dean’s List.
Carol also gained certification in a multitude of career workshops at community college and career-training institutes.
Highlights of Notre Dame degree:
- four years of English classes, including American literature, British literature, Shakespeare, and James Joyce
- four years of German language and literature, including History of German Cinema in German language
- two years of Italian language and literature, including Dante in Italian language
- one year of Spanish language and literature
- one year of economics and mathematics (statistics and calculus)
- one semester of theology, philosophy, psychology, history, science
Career training includes:
Poynter Institute Public Radio Reporting week-long seminar, St. Petersburg, Florida
NPR member station KPLU two-week cross-training in news reporting, Seattle
David Candow (veteran CBC producer after 31 years) three-day advanced training in writing and performance for mid-career public radio journalists, Seattle
Society of Professional Journalists mid-Columbia regional conference, Richland, Washington
Public Radio News Directors Incorporated national conference, Chicago
New Horizons computer classes in graphics and Web design, more than 100 hours, Reno, Nevada