Training specialist skilled in employing theories and methods used in designing, developing, and facilitating successful training programs
and adult learning concepts
- Expertise in sales training
- New hire and cross-training specialist
- Professional experience in lesson planning
- University of Notre Dame graduate with B.A.
- Experience using LMS and e-learning system
- Two years’ experience training job search skills
- More than ten years’ experience training, teaching, and tutoring
- Proficiency with curriculum development and learner assessment
- Extensive knowledge of training methods and adult learning styles
- Communications expert specializing in writing and public speaking
- Six years’ experience training for disease management enrollment call center
- Exceptional aptitude at quickly picking up and teaching new computer platforms and software
- Proficiency and experience training MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Two years’ experience teaching writing and language arts in a Washington, D.C., inner-city high school
- Considerable experience in training the four basic communication styles to improve employees’ ability to communicate effectively
- Developed eight training manuals during six years.
- Created training processes for four separate divisions.
- Taught six new computer platforms, systems, software, and processes.
- Graduated more than 500 participants from 60 new hire training classes lasting from one to three weeks.
Enrollment Call Center Trainer Experience – 2007-2013 – Alere – Reno
Worked for this global leader in disease management and health coaching as often the only trainer in the enrollment department, which employed upwards of 200 call center agents.
- Facilitated several next level sales classes.
- Trained dozens of cross-training workshops.
- Facilitated upwards of a hundred new hire training classes.
- Trained new hires on skills in working with a mostly elderly participant base.
- Focused training on serving more than a hundred diverse clients with separate requirements.
- Continuously updated training manuals to implement management feedback and organizational development needs.
Additional Training Experience – 1986-2016
- Bernie 2016 – Field Organizer – Reno
- Washoe County School District – Tutor – Reno
- ProNet – Career Skills Workshops Facilitator – Sparks, Nevada
- Truckee Meadows Community College – Resume Workshop Instructor – Reno
- Job Opportunities in Nevada (JOIN) – Trainer of Workshops in Job Search Skills – Reno
- Washoe County Democratic Party – Instructor for Leadership Academy Workshop – Reno
- Harrah’s Entertainment – Instructor of workshops in Microsoft Outlook for entire Reno staff when Outlook was a new product
- Archdiocese of Washington (D.C.) – Holy Spirit High School English & Speech Teacher, College & Career Counselor for this inner-city high school
- Capital Communications – Owner, professional business consultant, tutor in English language arts and literature, ESL, and German language – D.C. metropolitan area
- The Media Center/Sierra Nevada Community Access Television (SNCAT) – Trainer of workshops in Radio Production and Radio Journalism for High Sierra Community Radio – Reno
Additional Professional Experience – 1991-Present
- Charter College – Student Advisor – Reno
- Bernie 2016 – Outreach Coordinator – Northern Nevada
- News Talk 780 KOH – News Reporter & Board Operator – Reno
- Harrah’s Entertainment – Executive Secretary (11 years) – Reno
- KUNR – All Things Considered Host & News Producer/Reporter – Reno
- Northwest Public Radio – Bureau Correspondent for Northwest News Network – Richland, Washington
- Sierra Nevada Community Access Television (SNCAT) – High Sierra Community Radio Manager – Reno
- National Public Radio – Nevada Correspondent
- Reno News & Review – News & Arts Reporter (18 years)
- Wildflower Art Village – Public Relations Specialist – Reno
- Lewis & Clark College – Script Writer – Lewis & Clark Radio Documentary – Portland, Oregon
- St. Mark’s Fellowship – Volunteer – Reno
- SNCAT – Board of Directors Member – Reno
- Energy Northwest – Media Advisor – Richland, Washington
- Washoe County NV 4 Bernie Sanders – Volunteer Coordinator – Reno
- Northern Nevada Centering Prayer – Circle of Service Volunteer, Website Developer
- Washoe County Democratic Party Leadership Academy – Workshop Instructor – Reno
- KUNR – University of Nevada, Reno, Journalism Graduate School News Intern – Reno
- ProNet – Education Chair, Programs Director, Media Director, Workshop Instructor – Sparks, Nevada
- Created and administer ten websites, blogs, and Facebook pages.
- Planned and managed a 2013 DIY wedding for 75 guests with a budget of $18,000.
- Planned, executed, and managed special events for more than 50 staff at two properties for ten years.
- Researched, wrote, and reported hundreds of news stories for publication and broadcast, including dozens of national stories.
- Managed a startup community radio station. Within 16 months, increased volunteerism and production of radio shows by 300%.
University of Notre Dame
Bachelor of Arts: English & German
- Earned a 3.2 GPA.
- Admitted in the eighth class of women at a time when female admission to Notre Dame was extremely competitive and limited.
University of Nevada, Reno
Journalism & Political Science
- Worked toward Master of Arts, Reynolds School of Journalism, while employed full-time.
- Earned first journalism internship at KUNR.
German Language & Culture
- Completed Sophomore year study-abroad program through the University of Notre Dame.
- Studied majority of classes entirely in German.
- Earned Dean’s List both semesters.
Continuing Education – 1991-Present
- Public Radio News Directors conference – Chicago
- The People’s Summit (political conference) – Chicago
- Northern Nevada Centering Prayer Introductory Workshops
- Northern Nevada Centering Prayer Group Facilitator Training
- Sister Giant (political/spiritual conference) – Arlington, Virginia
- Two-week cross-training – NPR member station KPLU – Seattle
- Computer classes in graphics and Web design – New Horizons – Reno
- Five Truckee Meadows Community College Writers’ Conferences – Reno
- Washoe County Registrar of Voters Voter Registration Drive Training – Reno
- Public Radio Reporting weeklong seminar – Poynter Institute – St. Petersburg, Florida
- Dozens of classes in MS Office Suite programs, personnel interactions, and business administration – from professional training organizations including Franklin Covey, American Management Association, Fred Pryor, TMCC – Reno